Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday 14 July 2012

Hospital bedrest day 66 W30D2: Our boys are indeed growing!

Having passed the 30-week milestone, our next target is 32 weeks, which is the average duration for triplet pregnancies, although no parents-to-be of triplets can ever take it for granted that their babies will reach this average - many don't.

We heard that the other mother-to-be of triplets in the hospital (who was right next in the labor room with me during my 24-week pre-term contraction scare) went into labor and had to undergo an emergency c-section to deliver her babies at 30 weeks.  I've not seen her again since our brief encounter in the labor room because she is in the 4rd class ward.  Her babies birth weight are 1.5kg, 1.1kg and 1.1kg.  The two little ones are currently on ventilators but it does sound like all three babies are doing well enough.  Good for them! 

Since I've been admitted here 10 weeks ago, one triplet mother-to-be delivered at 24 weeks, and now this triplet mother-to-be delivered at 30 weeks.  So even though this hospital appears to have a "out-of-the norm" policy of admitting mothers-to-be of triplets at 20 weeks, even the safest place in the world to be for a triplet mother-to-be has its limits and only so much can be done to prevent a pre-mature delivery.

Of course, this being a Malaysian government hospital, we do not get the privilege of getting a tour around NICU where our babies will be headed right after they are delivered.  So I have no idea how NICU looks like, and the tiny preemies that I've seen are on the blogs of triplet parents.


Anyway, I had my regular two-week scan with my Peri yesterday.  I was very anxious to find out my babies' weight since I've been worried about not putting on enough weight over the past few weeks.  So I was pretty pleased to find out how much our babies' weigh:

   Baby A:1.37kg (3lb)
   Baby B: 1.2kg (2lb 10oz)
   Baby C:1.5kg (3lb 5oz) 

I'm really glad that the babies are growing well especially since I'm not as large as many of the other triplet mothers-to-be that I see on the internet!

All three babies are doing well - their amniotic fluids are at the normal level and so are their heart rates.  The Peri measured my cervix as well as was pleased with the two measurements that he took - 3.0cm and 3.1cm.  We are very thankful to the Lord that things are progressing well and the babies are growing!  I can definitely feel them growing because it's getting more and more uncomfortable to be in any position except lying on my elevated bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment